April Fools’ Day is this coming Monday and it is one of my favorite holidays of the year 😊. It’s the one day a year that we can really encourage kids to be creative, foolish, and a bit mischievous! Harmless and silly pranks are a great way to use the child’s imagination and keep them laughing or screaming through the day. Pranks are not only fun for the kids- but us adults too! Every child needs a little reminder of those sleepless nights, dirty diapers… and just how fun us parents can be!
Here’s a list of some CLASSIC kid-friendly pranks:
- Toothpaste Oreo (replace crème with white toothpaste)
- Frozen Cereal (make bowl of cereal the night before and freeze)
- Fake Bug in a Lampshade (tape fake bug to the inside of lampshade)
- Brown”E”s (Cut out a few letter “e”s from brown construction paper and put them in a baking pan covered with foil)
- Cheese Packet OJ (mix packet of cheese from boxed mac + cheese with water)
Here are another few for a slightly older kid crowd (and if you don’t mind a small fun mess!):
- Mustard frosted cupcakes (frost any cupcakes with yellow mustard)
- Sink Sprayer (wrap a rubber band around the handle of the spray nozzle so it sprays when turned on)
- Slippery Seat (rub Vaseline on the toilet seat)
- Let your teen/pre-teen know that you got a call from their guidance counselor/teacher and they have been suspended.
- Unscrew your shower head and put Easter Egg dye tablets in for your teens colorful morning shower